Although QuickBooks™ is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate.
All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks™ on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks™ in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
How much does it cost? We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks™ setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks™ starting date.
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date.
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes.
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your starting date.
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system.
- Entering your transactions since your starting date into QuickBooks™
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.